Saturday, June 25, 2011

'WARHOL'S OTHER CAN"

This was a series of 5 prints done for the WET HOT AMERICAN SUMMER-themed show at GALLERY 1988 in Venice, CA. I was unable to make the opening (or subsequent days following due to an endless onslaught of deadlines), but was told all 5 prints, including the framed one, SOLD OUT!

This great but confusing news: I did a completely digital piece for the first time because my schedule didn't allow any "proper" oil painting before the deadline (which is generally always my first choice). So it's confusing, because if I'VE crossed that digital threshold, where does that put my stance as to what's considered "fine art" and what I've always dismissed as "design" or as I was once fond to say: "the shit us animators throw away every day at our JOBS". Food for thought. This time I'm the one eating at the table...

No comments: