Monday, October 05, 2009

MARVEL ULTIMATE ALLIANCE 2: "KICKIN' IT OLD SCHOOL (PS2)" OR "I REALLY SUCK AT VIDEO GAMES"

SIGH.
Well, here's my team...
Seeing as how I only play one game a few times every 4 years, I haven't seen the point in "upgrading" to a better gaming system. Hey, if they're generous enough to keep putting games out for the older system , I'll gladly play them. That being said, after purchasing the latest "strategy guide" (see: "I suck", above), I get to see the game I COULD be playing on a newer system--as only 6 pages of the 300+ manual is devoted to PS2.

C'mon!

And so far, I've encountered technical "bugs" on two separate levels. On a side note: regardless of gaming consul, the developers took away one of the coolest features that was in the original--that being the plentiful costume options for each character (see: "classic" Luke Cage), and now only give you a choice of 2 and both are really lame (again, see: Luke Cage and even Wolverine's threads blow).

Just because I don't approve of Luke Cage's costume doesn't mean I excluded him from my lineup--he's my "heavy", Cyclops my well-rounded, Daredevil my agility character (since Iron Fist isn't an option for the PS2--another BIG strike against it) and replacing my former favorite flyer-and-not-available-for-MUA2 Spider-Woman is The Human Torch (depicted above in the way he typically appears when I play him).

Anyone interested in my previous foray into the original incarnation of this game, click on the link below.

5 comments:

marco's blog said...

nice! that luke cage kills!
would you be interested in talking to my high school animation class? i know they would get a lot out of it...
marco949@sbcglobal.net

wolfboy said...

My apologies, if that wasn't span I couldn't tell WHAT it is...

As for your class--where?

marco's blog said...

andy,
i'm in orange county CA, are you in L.A.?
-m

Mark Bachand said...

Amazing Art as usual...as far as the video games go i'm still playing 8-bit games on an Xbox 360...what kind of sense does that make?

ZSL said...

yeah its annoying.
these days developers assign their D-List teams to work on the PS2 and Wii platforms. Ensuring that games that come out for them are as bare bones and unfun as possible.

Makes me sad. :C