Thursday, April 19, 2007

My next purchace:



Being unemployed, I need to make sensible buying decisions...I think this will be one. I can't wait--VENTURE BROS. is by for, the only watchable cartoon out right now. I've only recently acquired cable (when I acquired girlfriend), so I haven't been able to watch them all consecutively. Very excited! And there's a great article on Chris McCulloch @ www.aintitcool.com that has a few pieces of his original art he's auctioning off. Check it out!



Oh! I'm also digging (from what I saw of it) "Mr.MEATY" on Nickelodeon...(even though I'm possibly blacklisted there). But what great designs those character's have. Really impressive. When I talked to a couple execs awhile back about the show--they were at a loss as to what to do with it. Apparently it gets mediocre ratings (which is DEATH @ Nick.) so they were in the middle of more focus testing. I think it could be the medium (puppets) and demo (tweens), a bit confusing and contradictive, but I hope it catches on. Character designers should really watch it and take notes.

P.S. No, this isn't a ploy to get work from Team Venture; it really is the only cartoon I can stomach these days.

No comments: